The widest beach of Belgium, near the French border. One of the crowded beaches of the Belgian coast during the high season. It offers you the possibility for a nice walk or even a sail tour on the beach. De Panne is made up of sand beaches and beautiful dunes. It also forms perfect beach for families.
During the high season it is a beautiful beach where many surfers enjoy the wind. The widest North Sea beach with white sand and a beautiful hinterland. During low tide the beach is almost 500m wide and several kilometres long. The Panne is the summit of the Belgian coast, where North Sea, dunes and polders are combined. The very wide beach attracts many beach sailors, surfers and kite surfers.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of De Panne will offer you peace and quietness. The beaches will be cleaned everyday during the summer. Besides the rescue brigade will guard the beaches and warns when there is a dangerous current or wind; a pleasant and safe feeling.
De Panne is proud of its widest beach without wave breakers. This makes it the biggest and safest ‘playground’ of Europe. The beach facilitates its guests with showers, toilets, beach tents, surf equipment rental, beach chairs and wind screens. Furthermore there is plenty of parking space.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of De Panne will offer you peace and quietness. Optimum facilities will tribute to the comfort and with that the holiday pleasure of the guests. It starts with accessible beach crossings and the lifeguards and the rescue brigade whom watch over the well being of the guests, with a First aid post nearby. Furthermore the local cafes, terraces and restaurants near the beach will take care of the needs for serving drinks, icecream, lunch and diner.
On the beaches you will find flags and signs with instructions for swimming. It is wise to take account of these signals. They are there for you!
Floating Bodies prohibited
Dogs at the beach
The beaches of De Panne be an attractive environment for recreation, for both humans and dogs. And what could be better than a walk on the beach with your dog. In the summer season are dogs, either loose or on a leash, not on all the beaches of the Belgian coast welcome.
A dog must always be on a lead
Dogs must always be on a lead in public places (that is, all public roads, parks, green spaces and the beach).
Dogs are not allowed in the following places
- Beach area 2: from 1 April to 30 September (except at beach terraces and at the establishments run on the beach if permitted by the owner or concession holder)
- Cemeteries (except for guide dogs)
- All public buildings
Dogs are allowed off the lead
- Beach area 1: to the west of Monument Leopold I from 30 September to 1 June
- Dog toilets
Nature reserves :
Different regulations; see the information signs at the entrance
More information: http://depanne.com/pdf/2013_de-panne_honden.pdf
- At low tide there is a strong current towards the sea, than stay close to shore. In case you get pulled in by the current do not try to swim straight against it, but swim slanting to the shore with the current. Also be aware of floating devices like air-beds, boats or other swimming devices.
- Do not get to close to the poles, piers or other obstacles.
- Watch your children carefully, do not let them alone near the water. Are there recognition signs on the beach, tell it to your children.
- Help to keep the beaches clean.